William King Museum of Art provides opportunities for employees to enrich their love of the arts while contributing their skills and talents to a creative and energetic work environment.
Please check back periodically for employment opportunities at William King Museum of Art.
Part Time Outreach Instructor for Van Gogh Outreach Program
William King Museum of art is seeking a part time outreach instructor for the Van Gogh Outreach program. The primary duties of this position include teaching Van Gogh Outreach lessons in Carroll county in Virginia. This individual should be situated near Carroll county to be able to easily commute to several schools for morning lessons. The individual will be provided with a Van Gogh vehicle and trained to deliver pre-planned lessons in Native American cultures and Ancient History to children in second and third grade across several counties. This individual will commute to the museum in Abingdon at least once every two weeks to meet with the Director of Youth Education and gather supplies.
• A bachelor’s degree in fine arts, art education, or art history
• Previous experience working with children
• A valid driver’s license
• Located within or near the Carroll county area
• Reliable, organized, and independent
• Knowledgeable in history and geography
• Able to adapt to different teaching situations
• Experience in public elementary education
• Knowledge of teaching philosophy
• Able to provide a schedule of availability several months in advance
• Knowledgeable in various fine arts techniques
• Available to assist with other programs including field trips and summer art camps
Job Type: Part-time
Schedule: 4 hour shift
COVID-19 considerations: Teachers follow protocols per the school districts in which they teach. Masks and hand sanitizers are available at all entrances to the museum and Art Lab.
Work Location: On the road
To Apply: Email Resume and Cover Letter to Suzanne Brewster at email@example.com or call (276) 628-5005 ext. 111.
Art Lab at William King Museum is looking for experienced instructors for adult classes and workshops in ceramics (hand-building and/or throwing) and darkroom photography (black & white and alternative processes).
Job Type: Employment is contract part time occasional/seasonal.
Work Location: Art Lab at William King Museum of Art, Abingdon, VA
To Apply: Interested qualified persons may email resumes and images of their artwork or links to their website to Laken Bridges, Dir. Higher Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions: 276-628-5005 #109.
Support & Join
Become part of our story. Help us tell your story. Thank you for your support.See More