**PLEASE ONLY PURCHASE TICKETS FOR THE NUMBER OF CHILDREN THAT WILL ATTEND**
Spring 2022 Little Lambs Fiber Arts
Little Lambs Fiber Arts is a new sheep-to-shawl youth fiber arts program generously funded by the Frances R. Dewing Foundation. Little Lambs provides free classes to children from 6 months to 14 years of age exploring fiber art methods as sensory, therapeutic, and creative experiences.
These are family classes designed for caregivers and children to take together. The first edition of classes will run from April until early June. After that, many more classes will become available from August until December!
Tuesday 10-11 – Early Childhood Classes
Tuesdays 2-3 PM – Younger classes
Thursdays 5:30-7:30 PM – Older classes
- Early Childhood Classes – Tuesdays 10-11
Roving Rugbugs, 6-18 Months, first Tuesdays
- Explore the sensory and playful world of fiber arts with your infant! Touch different types of natural fiber, sing songs together, and work on simple process-based projects, like finger-painting with pom poms and making felted beads.
- Tuesday, September 6th 10-11 AM
- Tuesday, October 4th, 10-11 AM
Tatting Tots, 18-36 months, second Tuesdays
- Experience the magic of wool by creating a felt-covered goats milk soap bar with your toddler! This multi-sensory experience builds fine motor skills and is fun for tots and caregivers alike.
- Tuesday, September 13th 10-11 AM
- Tuesday, October 11th 10-11 AM
Yarn Youngins, 3-5 years, third Tuesdays
- Discover the magic of felting wool by creating colorful wool “geodes” or beads with your child! This multi-sensory experience builds fine motor skills and is fun for young children and caregivers alike.
- Tuesday, August 23rd 10-11 AM
- Tuesday, September 20th, 10-11 AM
- Tuesday, October 18th, 10-11 AM
- Youth Classes, Little Lambs
Little Lambs classes are held on Tuesday afternoons from 2-3 PM and Thursday evenings from 5:30-7:30 PM. Classes are free, registration is required. Registration is open until 5 PM the day before each class. All classes excluding Youth Handcrafters are designed to be taken by child-adult pairs or groups (i.e. sign up with your children, godchildren, nieces and nephews, or grandchildren). Minimum registration is 2 children plus adults, maximum is 10 children plus adults.
Spinning Sprouts, 5-7 years, first and third Tuesdays
- Begin a journey into fiber arts with your child by learning about different types of natural fibers and using drop spindles to turn wool roving into yarn.
- September 6th, 2-3 PM
- September 20th, 2-3 PM
- October 4th, 2-3 PM
- October 18th, 2-3 PM
Young Weavers, 8-10 years, second and fourth Tuesdays
- Explore the creation of art objects from raw materials by creating handspun wool with drop spindles or the process of weaving on a tapestry loom.
- August 23, 2-3 PM
- September 13, 2-3 PM
- September 27, 2-3 PM
- October 11, 2-3 PM
- October 25, 2-3 PM
Handspun Heroes, 10-12 years, first and third Thursdays
- Learn the traditional practice of creating yarn and a variety of fiber crafts from weaving to knitting.
- August 18, 5:30-7:30 PM
- September 1, 5:30-7:30 PM
- September 15, 5:30-7:30 PM
- October 6, 5:30-7:30 PM
- October 20, 5:30-7:30 PM
Youth Handcrafters, 13-14 years, second and fourth Thursdays
- These youth fiber arts classes explore every aspect of handmade fiber production from spinning wool to loom weaving and even learning how to knit! Kids only.
- August 25, 5:30-7:30
- September 8, 5:30-7:30
- September 22, 5:30-7:30
- October 13, 5:30-7:30
- October 27, 5:30-7:30
- Fleece-y Fridays
(Do not put registration option on website)
Fleece-y Fridays are open studio hours for students who have taken Little Lambs classes to come back and use our equipment on personal projects. Fleece-y Fridays are not supervised and do not require registration as they are not classes. You must take a Little Lambs class before using Fleece-y Fridays!
We may have special artists or instructors do demonstrations or collaborative group projects on Fleece-y Fridays–these events will be shared on social media!
Fridays, 3-5 PM
Between August 19th and October 28th
No Fleece-y Fridays on September 30th due to our Pumpkin Painting event
- Special Winter Classes
Thursday, December 8th, 5:30-7:30 PM, create a felted reindeer, Ages 7-14
Thursday, November 17th 5:30-7:30 PM, Thanksgiving fiber crafts, Ages 7-14