Homeschool Art Classes
This new series of youth art classes is designed to provide homeschooling students with an affordable, quality, and fun arts education. Classes will meet once a week on Wednesdays from February through April. All classes can be taken individually, but when taken consecutively provide a complete curriculum of fine arts knowledge and techniques. Students who participate in any Homeschool Art classes have the option to submit work to the Homeschool Art Student Exhibition that will be on display in the children’s wing of the museum in May.
The registration fee is $10 per class.* All supplies are included.
*A few select classes will have a $15 fee because the projects require more expensive supplies.
9:30–11 AM: ages 10–13
11 AM–12:30 PM: ages 14–16+
2–3:30 PM: ages 7–9
Each week, all three classes have the same topic and core concept, but projects are adjusted for each age group.
If children are below the eligible age range for the class they have registered for we reserve the right to omit them from the class without a refund.
Classes begin on February 1st and end on April 26th
– Projects in February will be based on understanding composition and drawing.
– Projects in March will be based on understanding color theory and painting.
– Projects in April will be based on three dimensional art and combining the elements of design.
April 26th: Mixed Media-medium matchmaker
– Project: Mixed Media creation
– In this summative class we will be taking all of the skills that we have learned and putting them to use in an open concept project centered around a one word theme of the students choosing.